The Women's Energy Network (WEN) is pleased to announce a WEN Members-Only event held jointly with the New York Independent System Operator's Women in NYISO (WIN). Please join us on Thursday, May 25, for a Panel Discussion on NYISO's planning research efforts to deliver the grid of the future, followed by a Control Room Tour.
· Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination NO LONGER REQUIRED to enter the building.
· Non-US Citizens must provide the NYISO with a copy of their passport at least 2 weeks before event. If this applies to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org later than May 9th to coordinate getting this information to the NYISO.
2-3:00 p.m. | Conference Room B&C | Panel Discussion|
Join NYISO subject matter experts to discuss:
The NYISO's role in ensuring power system reliability and a clean energy future, key findings of the NYISO 2022 System Resource and Outlook Report including transmission investment opportunities, the resource mix scenarios for achieving 2030 and 2040 policy goals, and an overview of the grid interconnection queue and process.
NYISO Panelists and Moderator include:
· Nicole Bouchez, Senior Principal Economist, Market Design
· Sara Keegan, Assistant General Counsel, Legal
· Diana Hernandez, Manager, Interconnection Studies
· Sarah Carkner, Planning Engineer, Economic Planning
· Moderator:Angela Sicker, Attorney, Legal
3-3:30 p.m. | Control Room Tour |
Join Tara Lefevre, Sr. Manager, Control Room Operations, for a private tour of the NYISO Control Room, in which real-time grid operations are managed using a 2,300 square foot video wall that displays a massive digital representation of real-time New York's grid operations.
Post-NYISO Tour | Happy Hour, Recovery Sports Grill, 279 Troy Road, Rensselaer, NY |
Join WEN-GA members, panelists, and WIN board members for networking and snacks immediately following the tour at Recovery Sports Grill in Rensselaer.