Join us for an insightful fireside chat hosted by Women's Energy Network, California (WEN CA), featuring two trailblazing women in the energy industry: Jodie Muller, Sr. VP, Government Affairs & COO for Western States Petroleum Association, and Lynn McGuire, P.E., Senior Principal Consultant at Geosyntec. Together they will delve into the crucial topic of "California's Race to Net Zero - Impact on the Energy Industry and California Residents." and discuss:
- The role of California in leading the way to a net-zero future.
- Key legislations introduced to achieve the Net Zero goal.
- Implications of the energy transition on industry.
- Equitable energy evolution and its impact on costs, health, and jobs for CA residents.
- Unique role of women in empowering the evolution and driving innovation.
California is the first state to announce a plan to achieve carbon neutrality by 2045 and has introduced concrete targets and several legislations to achieve this target. Join us for a candid conversation that explores the intersection of policy, technology, and equity in the pursuit of a sustainable and inclusive energy future.