The Women in Energy Network is excited to announce our upcoming Speed Mentoring Event, dedicated to empowering and guiding young professionals and college students with a passion for the energy industry. This event is for experienced professionals, as well as young professionals and college students eager to benefit from valuable mentorship, guidance, and networking opportunities.
Date: Wednesday, October 25th, 2023
Time: 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Location: Bodega at The Berkshire Room (15 E Ohio St) – close proximity to the Grand redline stop & paid parking available at 9 E Ohio, Chicago, IL 60654.
- Become a Mentor for the Night: We invite our esteemed Women in Energy Network members to step into the role of mentors. Share your industry expertise, provide career guidance, offer resume advice, and address general life questions to help nurture and shape the future of our industry.
- Empower Future Leaders: By participating as a mentor, you can contribute to the professional growth and development of the next generation of energy professionals. Your guidance can make a lasting impact on their career trajectories.
- Speed Mentoring Sessions: Engage in brief, focused mentoring sessions that enable you to connect with multiple young professionals and college students during the event. Share your knowledge, experiences, and wisdom to inspire and guide them on their journey.
- Networking Opportunities: Forge valuable connections with fellow mentors and mentees while strengthening the Women in Energy Network community. Networking is an essential aspect of professional growth, and this event offers a prime opportunity for meaningful connections.
- Pay It Forward: As advocates for diversity and inclusion in the energy sector, our members have the chance to pay forward the support they received during their careers. Your involvement can contribute to a more diverse and dynamic industry.
If you are a Women in Energy Network member interested in becoming a mentor for this event or if you are a young professional and want to be a mentee for this event, please sign up via the link below.
An additional note about our mentees - Our mentorship committee is reaching out to area SWE & Engineering Groups but if you have a contact you'd like to make sure receives an invite, please reach out to Madeleine Turk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additionally, if you know a college or high school student with interest in the energy industry, feel free to bring them & let us know by marking "I'm bringing a student" in your registration.
Dress Code: Business casual attire is recommended.